Glasgow City Youth Health Service – Elderpark Clinic
I am pleased to let you all know that Glasgow City Youth Health Service is now available in Elderpark Clinic (20 Arklet Rd, Govan, G51 3XR). This is a holistic health and wellbeing service for young people aged 12-19 years which runs on Tuesday evenings between 6.30pm and 9.00pm. Appointments can be made with YHS Nurses, Doctors, Counsellors and Multiple Risk Workers, who are experienced in supporting young people and trained in youth health issues.
Young people can get help with:
- Sexual health (pregnancy testing, contraception including implants and STI testing)
- Support and counselling for a range of mental health issues e.g. Anxiety, low mood and stress
- Drugs, alcohol and risk-taking behaviour
- Relationship difficulties and bullying
- Sleep disturbance, screen time, gaming and gambling
- Weight management (Weigh to Go service for young people aged 12-18 years)
- Social problems such as homelessness, benefit advice, school avoidance etc.
- Advice and support on volunteering, training and employment
The Youth Health Service team are here and ready to listen without judgement. To find out more or to make a referral, please phone the team on 0141 451 2727.
For information on services and venues, check out social media channels or head to the new website https://www.nhsggc.org.uk/glasgowcityyhs.