All tenants receive a payment swipecard containing a unique identification number. The card itself has no value and can not be used to make payments to any other organisation or to get details of your account.
If you have not received your rent card, or you have lost your card, please let us know so that we can order a replacement as quickly as possible.
There are various ways in which tenants can pay their rent:
- PayPoint outlet or Post Office using your card - all you need to do is take your swipecard to the counter along with your payment and hand them over. You will be given a printed receipt (along with your card) as proof of the payment. Keep this receipt in a safe place;
- Over the phone - this service is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Using your debit card ring 0844 557 8321 and follow the simple instructions;
- The internet - Again this service is available 24/7. Use your swipecard and debit card and log on to the AllPay website;
- In the office - you can use Chip and Pin in the office or by calling 0141 440 0308 where our staff will be happy to assist you;
- Direct Debit - you can set up a Direct Debit to pay your rent on a regular basis through your bank. Complete the form and return it to the office for processing;
- At the bank - if you have lost your card, or are waiting for a new one, we can issue you with a giro slip to allow you to pay at the Royal Bank of Scotland.
If you have any queries regarding rent payments please contact us.
Owners can pay their accounts in three ways:
- By Standing Order - you can set up a Standing Order by completing the mandate form, and passing it to your bank, or you can use the account details below to set it up with your online banking. Remember you MUST quote your Factoring Account Number as the reference number to allow us to apportion payments correctly.
|Payee Name:||Govan Housing Association Factoring Payment A/c|
|Payee Address:||35 McKechnie Street, Glasgow, G51 3AQ|
|Bank:||The Royal Bank of Scotland|
|Bank Address:||788 Govan Road, Glasgow, G51 2YL|
- By Cheque - you can make a cheque payment in the office or by post.
- By giroslip at the Royal Bank of Scotland - you will find this enclosed with your invoice.