The following letter was sent 20th of March to all tenants of Govan Housing Association.
Due to the Coronavirus [Covid-19] outbreak, and in line with Scottish Government and NHS advice, the Association is making changes to some of our services, aimed at minimising risk to service users and staff.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- Association has closed the office and both The Hub and Digital Hub to members of the public. Staff will continue to work and deliver services where possible and the phones will still be manned during usual office hours. All community events, breakfast clubs and tenant engagement activities are suspended until further notice.
- Only emergency repairs will be carried out until further notice. Any planned maintenance works such windows, kitchens and bathrooms and gas servicing will still go ahead for the time being until further notice.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- If you or a member of your household is self-isolating or have contracted COVID-19 you MUST advise the Association IMMEDIATELY. Please be assured we will still strive to provide you with a full service as detailed above but this will allow us to minimise risk to our staff and contractors
- Estate management is still operating largely as normal, however staff shortages may impact on this programme of works.
- The Association will assist with claims for SSP or other benefit claims over the phone.
- Tenants and owners can still contact the Association by phone, email,through our website and on social media. (see details overleaf)
- Tenants should still make their rent payments on time via direct debit, call pay and through the website.
- We have been notified by Glasgow City Council that the bulk uplift service is suspended until further notice so please refrain from discarding large items of bulk.
- If you have updated your contact details such as landline or mobile phone is it vitally important that you contact us as soon as possible to let us know.
ARE YOU WORRIED?
We are here to help, If during the coming weeks you are concerned about your welfare or safety that of a neighbour, contact us immediately. If we cannot help directly then we might know someone who can.
This includes concerns about access to food, prescription medicine and other essentials, feeling socially isolated and suffering poor mental health.
The Association are committed to reducing any risks posed to tenants during this time.
As you will appreciate, this is a fast moving situation and we may need to make further changes as we go forward. Please check our website and
social media regularly for further service updates.
ASSOCIATION CONTACT DETAILS
Tel: 0141 440 0308
EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS
For Gas leak or if you smell gas call 0800 111 999 For emergency repairs for any central heating or hot water issue, please call
James Frew Ltd on 01294 468 113.
For other emergency repairs only that occur out with Govan HA office hours (not central heating related), please call City Building on 0800 595 595. They will respond to the usual emergencies such as burst pipes and smashed windows.
For Lift Repairs, please contact Kone on 0800 652 0692.
USEFUL WELFARE NUMBERS
Universal Credit Helpline Telephone: 0800 328 5644
New Style Employment and Support Allowance: 0800 328 5644 (Option 2 then option 3)
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Services: 0141 287 5050
Scottish Welfare Fund – Crisis Grant: 0141 276 1177